Connecting You to Engineers of the World's Infrastructure.
Civil Engineering magazine offers broad, total market coverage to advertisers — it's written to appeal to the full range of engineering disciplines: architectural, structural, geo-environmental, transportation, coastal, environmental and water resources.
These engineers rely on Civil Engineering to keep them informed of trends and developments within their profession.
View our BPA Statement (BPA).
Our Readers by Engineering Specialty:
- Architectural Engineering Institute (AEI) — 8,150
- Construction Institute (CI) — 17,225
- Coasts, Oceans, Ports and Rivers Institute (COPRI) — 3,902
- Engineering Mechanics Institute (EMI) — 2,562
- Environmental and Water Resources Institute (EWRI) — 23,313
- Geo-Institute (GI) — 11,897
- Structures Engineering Institute (SEI) — 31,459
- Transportation and Development Institute (T&DI) — 16,197
- Utility Engineering and Surveying Institute (UESI) — 71
Our Readers Are Established
- Average 50 years old
- Earn an average personal income of $123,340
- Have belonged to ASCE for 17 years
Our Readers are Successful
- 22% Project Manager or Senior Manager
- 13% Presidents or Owners
- 12% Civil Engineer or Senior Principal Engineer
Our Readers are Experts
- 23% Structural or Construction Specialties
- 13% Water Resource Specialties
- 8% Transportation Specialties
- 45% work on Roads and Highways
- 39% work on Storm-Water Management
- 36% work on Water/Sewer Pipe Systems
Our Readers are Influential
- 32% employ staff surveyors
- 91% purchase software
- 88% purchase vehicles
- 85% purchase laptop computers
- On average, specifies a total annual dollar value of $40,070,312 for work on Structural Steel Components, followed by Road/Highway components ($28,056,522) and Precast Concrete Building Components ($21,940,000)
- Specifies a total dollar value of $168,300 for Vehicles, followed by Travel Services ($101,924) and Computer Network Software ($100,293)
Civil Engineering Readers Act on Your Ads
- 86% of readers bought products or services advertised, visited and advertiser's web site, saved an ad/article for future reference, or routed the ad to others
- Almost a third of readers indicated that Civil Engineering is the ONE publication that provides them with the most useful information about products and manufacturers
- Average reader reads 3 out of 4 issues, and spends over 46 minutes reading a typical issue
183 Industry Awards since 2003
22 Industry Awards in 2014
14 Industry Awards in 2015
Named one of the top 10 B to B magazines in the world by Trade, Association and Business Publications International (TABPI).
2017 Editorial Calendar
Build Sales with Civil Engineering. Issue after Issue, Month after Month.
In addition to the content listed in the 2017 editorial calendar, Civil Engineering includes in-depth feature articles each month written by civil engineers for civil engineers on significant projects around the world.