Connecting You to Engineers of the World's Infrastructure.
Civil Engineering magazine offers broad, total market coverage to advertisers — it's written to appeal to the full range of engineering disciplines: architectural, structural, geo-environmental, transportation, coastal, environmental and water resources.
These engineers rely on Civil Engineering to keep them informed of trends and developments within their profession.
View our BPA Statement (BPA).
Our Readers by Engineering Specialty:
- Architectural Engineering Institute (AEI) — 6,878
- Construction Institute (CI) — 16,858
- Coasts, Oceans, Ports and Rivers Institute (COPRI) — 3,478
- Engineering Mechanics Institute (EMI) — 2,078
- Environmental and Water Resources Insitute (EWRI) — 21,965
- Geo-Institute (GI) — 10,447
- Structures Engineering Institute (SEI) — 20,074
- Transportation and Development Institute (T&DI) — 15,067
Our Readers Are Established
- Average 50 years old
- Earn an average personal income of $111,378
- Have belonged to ASCE for 17 years
Our Readers are Successful
- 19% Project Manager or Senior Manager
- 15% Presidents or Owners
- 14% Civil Engineer or Senior Principal Engineer
Our Readers are Experts
- 19% Structural or Construction Specialties
- 17% Water Resource Specialties
- 10% Transportation Specialties
- 56% work on Roads and Highways
- 51% work on Storm-Water Management
- 52% work on Water/Sewer Pipe Systems
Our Readers are Influential
- 35% employ staff surveyors
- 80% purchase software
- 75% purchase cell phones
- On average, specifies a total annual dollar value of $59,497,143 for work on Road/Highway components, followed by poured concrete products ($39,014,375) and Precast Concrete Building Components ($22,967,059)
- Specifies a total dollar value of $224,432 for Vehicles, followed by Computer Network Software ($215,769) and CAD Software ($120,778)
Civil Engineering Readers Act on Your Ads.
- 87% of readers bought products or services advertised, visited and advertiser's web site, saved an ad/article for future reference, or routed the ad to others.
- 94% rated Civil Engineering as useful to them as an engineering professional.
- Almost a third of readers indicated that Civil Engineering is the ONE publication that provides them with the most useful information about products and manufacturers.
- Average reader reads 3 out of 4 issues, and spends over 48 minutes reading a typical issue.
Consistently Award Winning Since 2003...
142 Industry Awards since 2003
10 Industry Awards in 2012
15 Industry Awards in 2013
Civil Engineering is the winner of 15 awards for graphic design and editorial excellence for the ninth consecutive year.
- 5 Awards from American Society of Business Publications Editors (ASBPE)
- 5 APEX Awards for Publication Excellence from Communications Concepts
- 5 Awards from Trade, Association and Business Publications International (TABPI)
2014 Editorial Calendar
Build Sales with Civil Engineering. Issue after Issue, Month after Month.
In addition to the content listed in the 2014 editorial calendar, Civil Engineering includes in-depth feature articles each month written by civil engineers for civil engineers on significant projects around the world.